Dates for the Diary
- 19-23 October, 7th General Assembly International Council on English Braille, to be held online.
- 10 November, observers who wish to attend 17 November meeting to contact the BANZAT Secretary by this date, email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 17 November, 12:30pm, BANZAT Meeting 53, Homai Campus, BLENNZ, 2 McVilly Road, Manurewa.
- 4 January 2021, World Braille Day, 212 years since 4 January 1809, birthday of Louis Braille.
- 18-19 January, SPEVI Virtual Conference (The South Pacific Educators in Vision Impairment).
- 15-18 May, Round Table on Information Access for People with Print Disabilities, Melbourne.
- 1989, The Braille Authority of New Zealand was established.
- 1994, The Royal New Zealand Foundation for the Blind became an associate member of the Braille Authority of North America. In 2016 BANZAT did not seek ongoing associate membership for financial reasons.
- 29 November 2005, New Zealand adopted Unified English Braille by unanimous resolution of the Braille Authority of New Zealand.
- 10 August 2010, Meeting 1 of the Braille Authority of New Zealand Aotearoa Trust (BANZAT).
- 13 September 2011, Meeting 7, BANZAT first Annual General Meeting.
- 18 September 2012, Meeting 12, BANZAT second Annual General Meeting.
- 17 September 2013, Meeting 17, BANZAT third Annual General Meeting and launch of the Hall of Honour.
- 9 September 2014, Meeting 22, BANZAT Fourth Annual General Meeting.
- 30 June 2015, the first round of applications closed for accreditation as an individual braille producer working in New Zealand.
- 8 September 2015, Meeting 27, BANZAT Fifth Annual General Meeting, and launch of Policy 7 Accreditation of Braille Producers Working in New Zealand.
- 6 September 2016, Meeting 32, BANZAT Sixth Annual General Meeting, with launch of pamphlet “Braille Producer Accreditation Information”.
- 5 September 2017, Meeting 37, BANZAT Seventh Annual General Meeting.
- 11 September 2018, Meeting 42, BANZAT Eighth Annual General Meeting.
Last updated 28 September 2020