Dates for the Diary
- 7 August, New Zealand Examiner to issue invitations to sit the 2017 Trans-Tasman Certificate of Proficiency in Unified English Braille.
- 29 August, observers who wish to attend either Meeting 36 or Meeting 37 the AGM on 5 September are asked to contact the BANZAT Secretary by this date.
- 4 September, applications close to sit the 2017 Trans-Tasman Certificate of Proficiency in Unified English Braille.
- 5 September, 12:30pm, BANZAT Meeting 36, followed at 3:00pm by Seventh Annual General Meeting 37, Board Room, Awhina House, Blind Foundation, 4 Maunsell Road, Parnell.
- 24 October, observers who wish to attend Meeting 38 on 7 November are asked to contact the BANZAT Secretary by this date.
- 7 November, 12:30pm, BANZAT Meeting 38, Homai Campus BLENNZ, 2 McVilly Road, Manurewa.
- 4 January 2018, 4 January 1809, birthday of Louis Braille.
- 1989, The Braille Authority of New Zealand was established.
- 1994, The Royal New Zealand Foundation for the Blind became an associate member of the Braille Authority of North America. In 2016 BANZAT did not seek ongoing associate membership for financial reasons.
- 29 November 2005, New Zealand adopted Unified English Braille by unanimous resolution of the Braille Authority of New Zealand.
- 10 August 2010, Meeting 1 of the Braille Authority of New Zealand Aotearoa Trust (BANZAT).
- 13 September 2011, Meeting 7, BANZAT first Annual General Meeting.
- 18 September 2012, Meeting 12, BANZAT second Annual General Meeting.
- 17 September 2013, Meeting 17, BANZAT third Annual General Meeting and launch of the Hall of Honour.
- 9 September 2014, Meeting 22, BANZAT Fourth Annual General Meeting.
- 30 June 2015, the first round of applications closed for accreditation as an individual braille producer working in New Zealand.
- 8 September 2015, Meeting 27, BANZAT Fifth Annual General Meeting, and launch of Policy 7 Accreditation of Braille Producers Working in New Zealand.
- 6 September 2016, Meeting 32, BANZAT Sixth Annual General Meeting, with launch of pamphlet “Braille Producer Accreditation Information”.